Sunday, December 15, 2013

Simon Bloom: The Octopus Effect by Michael Reisman****

In Simon Bloom: The Octopus Effectthere is a moment of peace. Then Simon is called back to duty by the Book. He is sent on a mission to stop Sirabetta, the same person he stopped a few months before. He set her age back to 13 instead of 33. This reset her memory. Sirabetta is teased at school because of strange tattoos on her arms, and she hates everyone for that. Then one of the traitors from the Union tells her who she really is, so she can gain some control over her "strange" markings. Sirabetta's goal is to cause a "better," or in Simon's case, worse, universe. It's up to Simon and his friends to help stop the rise of Sirabetta with their awesome new powers.

I missed the first book! I didn't even realize it until the very end of the book. I'm sorry for this and I'll try to get that book read as well. I think this author did a very good job at details. I also loved the fantasy element. Chosen people can harness powers of science and bend them to their will. That makes Simon and his friends sort of like super-heroes protecting the universe. I think this book had a good start. I felt like I already knew Simon when I started to read. I think anyone should read this series. It is an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment