Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Half Lives by Sara Grant****

Half Lives is about Icie, a teen who's stuck in the middle of a terrorist attack. Her parents, even before the attack, tell her to get into a bunker by Las Vegas. Along the way she meets Marissa, the easy-going, punk cheerleader; Tate, the half-dead twelve-year old; and Chaske, a mysterious teen from the mountain where they are headed. They survive the bio-disease, nuclear radiation, and the almost end of the world. Sometime in the far future, children follow the God I AM, or Icie (Isis) Ann Murray, and all her ways of life.

Shorter summary! Longer review! That's the newer format for my posts. If you don't like it, then tell me in the comments. This book is freaky. Most of the infected people have horrible things happening to them--melting flesh, decaying, turning green, throwing up, and so much more. I think that this is really creepy, just with the fact that people go insane, die of radiation poisoning, and commit suicide. I did think that the kids following the Great I AM, or Icie, was pretty funny though. They worship her by saying "Whatever." They also read their "Facebooks." There is a lot of adult content in this book. I think that this book should not be read by the faint of heart, or the younger kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment