Monday, December 30, 2013

Hiroshima by John Hersey***

I don't blog about nonfiction often because I dislike how there's no room for any imagination. I think Hiroshima was very void on detail about the blast of the A-bomb, or even most of the after-effects. The author describes events in a way that I have already heard/ or learned about in classroom discussions of the atomic bomb. The book revolves around certain people, making it not as informative, but it gives a more personalized view on the after-effects. Now I don't read a lot of nonfiction, so I'm being a little rough in my review. I'm used to fantasy and more imaginative type stories. I think this book was decent, but again I dislike nonfiction. Compared to some other nonfiction books, however, this book was great. It was a short book for a nonfiction book, but it will keep you reading for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment