Thursday, September 5, 2013

Whirlwind by David Klass*****

Whirlwind is the second book in the
Caretaker trilogy--and it is a fantastic follow up. Jack returns after saving the oceans in the book Firestorm, but the Dark Army has a back-up plan: to destroy the Amazon! Jack, Gisco, and Eko must band together and save P.J (this is Jack's girlfriend) and the Mysterious Kidah after they are captured by the Dark Army.

This book is an amazing second book in this trilogy and is sure to deserve great recognition. This book is for teens/young adults. I'm sure anyone who reads it will be impressed by this author's style of writing. Klass is a master at adding in action and the unexpected. I also really enjoyed his word choice. He uses lots of fragments, which I like because it speeds up the pace and makes me feel like Jack it talking to me. I'm already half way finished with the third book. I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment