Monday, September 2, 2013

Miss Peregine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs****

Miss Peregine's Home for Peculiar Children is the very weird tale of Jacob Portman. Jacob responds to his grandfather's very last wish: "Find the bird. In the loop. On the other side of the old man's grave. September third, 1940." This sends him on a quest to find out the secrets his grandfather was hiding, from him and his whole family. He figures out what his grandfather is talking about, and he himself finds out he might be peculiar, just a little bit.

I really liked this book because it had a mysterious feel to it and it keeps you going because something new happens all the time. I would recommend this for anyone over the age of ten. It made me think about what would happen if there were peculiar children like the ones in the book wandering the world for help. Who says there aren't?

2 comments:

  1. Harrison,
    I am so excited that you are doing this!! What a great challenge. I was interested to see this book as my husband got it for me a couple of years ago and I haven't read it yet. Have you read The Michael Vey Series yet by Richard Paul Evans? I thought it was really good. I also like the Legend series by Marie Lu.
    Mrs. Haynes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really want to read this book. It is really amazing that you are reading a book a day. For me i don' t think I could do it. I usally read a book a week. I recommend this book called "The dollhouse murders"by: betsy ren wright and " wenny has wings " by: jenette carey. These books are amazing. good luck on this challenge.Its amzing that you have gotten this far i know i couldn't.good luck :) Sophie.S

    ReplyDelete