Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan*****

The Thin Executioner is about Jebel, the son of the best executioner the city has ever seen. Jebel wants to be executioner too, but when his father says he will resign, he forgets to mention Jebel! Jebel goes on a quest to get ultimate strength and invinciblity to prove that he can do his father's duty.

This book, being written by the master of horror, has a lot of creepy moments. People eat other people's flesh, people get melted, and Death makes an appearance. This was probably one of the creepiest books I have read. Definitely for the horror fan lovers and the people who just love a good book.

3 comments:

  1. Harrison,
    I am so impressed with the goal you have set for yourself. This is amazing! I am going to share this with my students as a lesson in setting goals for themselves. I love how you are summarizing each book and then giving your thoughts. I look forward to reading your blog and keeping up with your progress! I miss you at LC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Harrison, I love your excitement and love for reading! I can tell you have shared that with your little sister. :) Keep up the great work...this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harrison,
    Mrs. Jellison sent an email to our staff today letting us know about your blog! What a great goal. I am sharing your blog with my son, Matthew. He is a 6th grader and seems to always be behind a book as well. We will for sure use your suggestions for good reads! Good luck on your goal!!!
    Mrs. Lawson

    ReplyDelete