Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Proxy by Alex London****

In Proxy, the world is changed. There are people who owe life debt. Proxys.  Every time their patron does something wrong, they're the ones being punished. That's where Sydney, or Syd, comes in. He owes life debt, and just because of it, he is constantly beat. His patron must be horrible. Then one day the worst thing happens--his patron accidentally kills someone. Syd is forced to work for another sixteen years, so he simply runs. He is assisted by someone he should have never met, his patron, to find out who he is, and why he has been put on this planet.

This book shocked me. It has so many surprises everywhere. The ending totally shocked me; it is just an amazing story. I think that this book has a lot of thought put into it. It's a definite read for anyone, but beware of tons of blood and gore. I think that this book is very good, and it reminded me a lot of Replica.

2 comments:

  1. You astound me kid, I thought I had a voracious appetite for books, but it looks like you clearly outclass me. I'm definitely going to take you up on some of your suggestions, but more importantly I have a couple of books I would like to recommend for you. Just got finished reading this series, and from the couple of looks I've had at your blog, I think you may like them too. First book in the series is called Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Mayberry, good book, but it's an even better series. Feel free to take a look at that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion. I read this book before this blog happened. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

      Delete