Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan*****

The Lightning Thief is definitely a re-read for me today. I read it in elementary school, but I'm reading it now to approve it for my sister. The characters feel real, and seem to be next-door neighbors, or even friends. I'm going to be covering the whole series. I also think that this book is the perfect example of fantasy. I loved the whole viewpoint of Percy. I think that it has that "kid" feel, but anyone could read it. I really love this book.

This book integrates Greek mythology and modern times well. It sounds believable, but at the same time, laughable. I love the real-world writing style and the way the book "flowed." I think anyone who can read should read this book.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I heard about your book a day thing on youtube, and i think that is awesome! I am also an avid reader, but only about 7 books a month. I am 16 so i mostly read young adult. I will be keeping up with your blog because i am interested to see your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking at my blog. I have been reading a lot of young adult stuff lately, so maybe you'll find something you like. Have you read Delirium by Lauren Oliver?

    ReplyDelete