Saturday, February 8, 2014

Juvie by Steve Watkins*****

Juvie is about drugs. Police find Sadie and her sister in a car--with drugs. Sadie covers for her sister, who is high at the time, for having a bag of drugs in the car. Sadie is in juvie now, and for six months at that. Sadie wishes that she never covered for he sister in the first place.

This book is good. It has the right details, at the right times, of course. Nobody wants to visualize some of the parts in this book. I think that this would describe juvie well, and I read the the author's note (I know, I'm a nerd, but I wanted to know his opinion). he said juvie encouraged kids to read, along with Limited T.V and video games. I don't agree. I like to have a bit of freedom, aside from reading. I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment