Saturday, May 10, 2014

Starters by Lissa Price***

Starters is about Callie, a teen in a future where all middle aged people are dead. Elders (or Enders) rent out young peoples bodies to do what they can't. There are rules, but many Enders don't follow them. Callie realizes that her chip is malfunctioning, so now she is waking up while the renter is supposed to be in control of her. Follow Callie in her adventure in this dystopian series.

This book is okay. I thought it would be really good, but it really didn't catch my attention. I think if the characters were more likable, this book might have been better. Callie had a reason to be sort of withdrawn, her parents are dead, but the way they die drives me crazy. Don't spores come from plants and fungi and other stuff like that? I would like to know what plant produced the spores that are so deadly to the public. I think that middle school kids would like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment