Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dragon Keeper by Carole Wilkinson****

Dragon Keeper is about Ping, a young Chinese slave. She does work that her master is supposed to do, which includes feeding the last remaining dragons. When one of the dragons dies, it falls upon Ping to help her master create a stew from the dead dragon. Ping gets word of the Emperor visiting, and becomes very curious. While the Emperor visits, Ping sneaks around the palace. She eventually gets caught, but manages to escape with the help of the last remaining dragon. Together, they go on an amazing journey to get to the sea that is filled with many exciting events.

This book is my kind of book--fantasy. I love fantasy. I think that this book had a lot of surprise plot changes. Most of the plot changes actually make a difference on the book. I have read books where a major character will die, only to be replaced by someone else with no change in the book. I think that this author did a good job with her writing. I think that fantasy lovers will love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment