Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Strictest School in the World by Howard Whitehouse***

The Strictest School in the World is very creative, but it is a bit unbelievable. The Kitty Hawk, the first real aircraft wasn't invented yet, but somehow, in the 1800 to 1900 range. Also, the birds. I think that this added suspense, but took away from the book as well. I won't spoil the birds, but there is a boy who you meet early one who is practically rubber. He can get hurt, but is indestructible. I also think that a fourteen year-old girl shouldn't be able to build a whole glider/aircraft. The tech in this book shouldn't even be around. It tells how to make an aircraft. I think that this could have been a bit more believable if she hadn't read multiple books. I think that someone with a very, very creative mind will love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment