Thursday, January 16, 2014

Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John*****

In Five Flavors of Dumb, Piper insults a band, Dumb, then ends up becoming their manager. They give her one month to make them some money. But there's one problem. Piper's deaf. She manages to get them a gig. Five dollars a member. They realize they needed "eye candy," so they get the prettiest girl in school to join the band. Kallie has no talent whatsoever, and people notice. Then Piper's brother, Finn, manages to teach the guitarists to play better. In this tale, Piper realizes that music isn't just for the money, it's also for the passion.

This book was recommended to me, and I have to say I really liked it. Piper feels like a real person, someone that goes to your school or someone you met. I really liked the fact that Piper is deaf and is managing a band. I felt that this book was really messed up with all the drama going on. I loved this book, but this book is definitely for high-schoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment